Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blog Introduction

I was doing an independent study for a class I'd taken and decided I wanted to write a LOST blog. I'm a huge fan of the show and since I was going to be doing the work anyway I thought I might as well share it with other LOST fanatics like myself; I know more about LOST than any human being probably should. I honestly don't expect anybody to actually read this but I won't lie to you, this is some pretty fantastic stuff I've written down, so you'd be missing out.

The format of the blog is pretty simple: I basically write a free-flowing analysis of each episode as I watch it. These blog entries tend to be pretty long so if there's one part or another that you're particularly interested in you can just scan through it as I have written them in a logical chronological sequence. The show this season is marked by two distinct divergent timelines and so the format of my blog mimics this; each new paragraph is a transition either to a new timeline or a different story element (e.g., Locke vs. Hurley et. al. would be two different story elements even though they both occur on the island's timeline). My episode reviews are somewhat information heavy, something in the neighborhood of 3,500 words each, though I would argue that it's pretty damn entertaining 3,500 words. Feel free to read all of it, none of it, whatever, it's there if you're interested, and if not that's fine too.

The first few paragraphs of the first post are kind of sloppy and disjointed as I was working out my process as I went along, but it smooths out from there. I am going to try and post blog entries to correspond with each new episode. Obviously because the show is already in its third week I will be posting the entries for the first three episodes all at once. Comments are of course welcome: criticisms, suggestions, critiques, alternate theories, compliments, whatever. There is no progress without opposition, so feel free to present an antithesis to my thesis and maybe together we can create a synthesis.

No comments: